Tuesday, June 28, 2011
A few things that have been making me happy..
1. I really love my badass photojournalism gear. I'm now officially (twice a week) a photojournalist by profession, with a press card and all (though I have tons tons tons of learning to do). I feel kinda giddy when I think about it. It's tiring and stressful and scary, but it's pretty darn awesome. I have an adventure pass!
2. My Yaya. And photobooth! This is my yaya but I call her Nanay. She's one of my favorite people in the world. Nanay has been with me since birth! I think helpers are among the most under-appreciated people. Nanay cooks, cleans, fixes and when I was little, I'd have separation anxiety every time I wouldn't see her or my mum.
3. Trying beds out. Awesome.
4. Vintage maps. I am obsessed with them. I also love how this necklace I got from Promod looks like a time turner, cause it's a watch on the opposite side :)
5. Everything about this video. It makes me believe in peace even more :)
6. This shoot ;) I've been working closely with some really talented people for this little project called Sunny Heights. Been learning a lot! More soon on what it is, exactly!
7. Taking the back street. I don't really know what I am doing with my life. Many of my friends who finished school have been getting employed, looking for jobs, or taking further studies... And I'm scared cause I feel that I just won't survive in an office. Some people are good at it, but I just don't feel like it's for me. It's pretty disorienting to be doing things the unconventional way, cause believe me, a lot of adults just have the knack for bringing you down and telling you that you're just being optimistic cause you're young.
I'd rather fail than not try though! For now I know that (cheesy as it sounds) I'm following my heart :)